Wind Farm Walk

Friday 13 November 2009


I'll be heading to Lochindorb and the Dava on Monday, to meet local people campaigning against the plans for wind farms in the area and to walk round the loch and some of the surrounding hills. I want to see for myself where such developments are being proposed and what the impact on the area will be.

I’m committed to strong and radical action to tackle climate change. I am also of the view that land based wind generation – including large and small scale Wind Farms - has an important role to play in the renewable energy mix. Inevitably, that will mean difficult decisions need to be made. But, we need to get the balance right and ensure we don’t compromise our unique mountain landscapes for only short-term gain.

I'll post again on this topic after my visit on Monday. Meantime, I'd welcome comments with views both for and against such developments.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Promoted and published by INBS Labour Party on behalf of Mike Robb, all at 1Fraser Street, Inverness, IV1 1DW

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP